If you set up the Automatic Refund feature, the damage deposit will be held by HomeAway Payments (Yapstone), and will not be deposited into your account unless you report damages. If you do not report damages, the refundable damage deposit will be automatically refunded to the guest 7 or 14 days after check-out, depending on the grace period you had selected for your listing. See "Can I automatically issue refunds to guests?" for more information.
To set up your automatic refund:
- Login to your HomeAway account
- Select a listing
- Click Edit Property & Rates
- Click Rates
- In the Security Deposit section, select Refundable Damage Deposit
- Enter the amount
- Under Refunding the Damage Deposit, select Schedule the Refund When No Damage is Reported
- From the drop down menu, select 7 or 14 days
- Click Save at the bottom of the page
As a HomeAway customer, you are able to report damage and subtract the cost from the refundable damage deposit, as well as delay automatic refunds through your dashboard.