Your "legal name" is the name you use to file taxes. If you requested a EIN from the IRS, the legal name is the name you provided to the IRS filed on Form SS-4. The Legal Name you give HomeAway Payments should match what is on file with the IRS.
Articles in this section
- Corona Virus – Covid-19 Update
- How do I fill in my form using DocuSign?
- What happens once I've filled in my bank change form?
- What is a W-9 and why does Yapstone need mine?
- What if my TIN or Legal Name is different than what the IRS has?
- I don’t want a 1099-K, I already report my income to the IRS – why do you need to report as well?
- You’ve issued my 1099-K to my LLC, but my LLC was not set up until June 30 of last year. I need the volume split between my SSN and my LLC’s EIN.
- What do I do with the information on Form 1099-K?
- How is “Legal Name” defined?
- What is the purpose 1099-K reporting?